Boho Style Living Room: A Guide to Creating a Chic and Comfortable Space
"Boho" is a style of interior design that is characterized by its relaxed, eclectic, and free-spirited nature. Boho style living rooms are warm and inviting, and they offer a sense of escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
If you’re looking to create a boho chic living room, there are a few key elements to keep in mind.
- Use neutral colors and patterns. Boho style is all about creating a relaxed and airy atmosphere, so it’s best to use neutral colors and patterns in your living room. Stick to light blues, whites, beiges, and browns. You can add pops of color with your accessories, but keep the overall palette neutral.
- Add lots of texture. Texture is one of the most important elements of boho style. Add texture to your living room with rugs, pillows, blankets, and other accessories. Look for items made from natural materials, such as wood, leather, and wool.
- Layer your furniture. Boho style is all about layering, so don’t be afraid to mix and match different pieces of furniture. You can mix vintage pieces with modern pieces, and you can also mix different styles of furniture. The key is to create a space that feels eclectic and interesting.
- Add plants. Plants are a must-have for any boho living room. They add a touch of nature to the space and they help to purify the air. Choose plants that are easy to care for, such as succulents and cacti.
- Accessorize with statement pieces. Boho style is all about making a statement, so don’t be afraid to accessorize your living room with bold pieces. Look for unique rugs, pillows, and other accessories that will add personality to your space.
Here are a few more specific tips for creating a boho chic living room:
- Use a large rug to define the space and add warmth.
- Hang a statement piece of art above the fireplace or sofa.
- Add a coffee table with lots of storage space.
- Lighten up the space with sheer curtains or blinds.
- Install a dimmer switch so you can create a more intimate atmosphere at night.
With a little bit of planning and creativity, you can easily create a boho chic living room that is both stylish and comfortable.
Bohemian Home Style Living and Dining Rooms Design Styles View The Gallery 1 38 Bright Eclectic Living Room With Exposed Ceiling Beams A sofa draped in white blankets matches the bright white look of the walls and ceiling in this small and stylish living room The black floor is a lovely bold contrastClassic florals are the main players in most bohemian living room ideas but you can throw in ditsy prints stripes geometrics and folksy designs too In this space shades of rose bloom in the flamboyant scheme with touches of burnt orange to give a nod to the tropical heat 4 Unleash your wild side with a jungle paletteIn this light and airy LAStyle living room from real estate agent and interior designer Julian Porcino minimalist furnishings and a few boho Style touchesa wall basket above the
mantelpiece a vintage kilim throw pillow a cowhide rugcreate a minimalist interior with bohemian tendencies Continue to 5 of 25 below 05 of 25 Mix and Match1 Contrast ceiling beams with white walls Youll find lots of examples of the contrast between light and dark when it comes to boho Style Thats why this New York living room is off to a great start Plenty of greenery and neutraltoned furniture adds to the boho vibe Credit Korbin Bielski 2 Use a pastel paletteNothing screams bohochic like a hammock in your living room Go with soft colors like white and beige to brighten up the space and add a calm element to it 4Bohemian Style is derived from the word quotbohemianquot defined as a person living an unconventional lifeStyle Boho design reflects the definition with an eclectic aesthetic that
looks the opposite of minimal modern and sleek decorLiving Room Move Over MinimalismThese 21 Boho Living Rooms Are Bursting With Color By Christie Calucchia Updated on Apr 06 2021 Max Humphrey Minimalist home décor might be popular but there are still some who refuse to trade in colors textures and patterns for sleek monochrome designs1 Woven Wall Baskets Woven wall baskets in jute and sisal are popular Bohemian wall decorations in the living space The house plants and exotic textured throw pillows give nice Boho touches to this living room A circular jute rug and dark wood midcentury coffee table balance out this colorful space with neutral tones Probably This Dabito 2
10 Boho Living Room Decor Ideas to Bring the Outdoors In
Boho style is all about embracing the natural world, so it’s no surprise that boho living rooms often feature plenty of elements that bring the outdoors in. Here are 10 boho living room decor ideas to help you create a more inviting and nature-inspired space:
- Hang a macrame plant hanger from the ceiling. This is a great way to add a touch of greenery to your living room without taking up too much space. You can choose from a variety of different macrame plant hangers, so you’re sure to find one that fits your style.
- Add a few potted plants to your coffee table. This is a simple way to add some life to your living room. Choose plants that are easy to care for, such as succulents or cacti.
- Cover your windows with sheer curtains or blinds. This will allow you to let in natural light while still creating a sense of privacy.
- Use natural materials throughout your living room. Look for furniture and decor made from wood, stone, or wicker. These materials will help to create a more relaxed and inviting atmosphere.
- Add a rug with a natural pattern. A rug is a great way to add warmth and texture to your living room. Choose a rug with a natural pattern, such as a floral or geometric print.
- Light your living room with candles and lanterns. Candles and lanterns will create a warm and inviting atmosphere, perfect for relaxing after a long day.
- Play some soothing music. Music can help to create a more relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. Choose music that is calming and relaxing.
- Decorate with natural objects. Add some natural objects to your living room, such as driftwood, seashells, or rocks. These objects will help to bring the outdoors in and create a more inviting space.
- Spend time in your living room. The best way to create a boho living room is to spend time in it. Make it a place where you can relax, unwind, and enjoy the company of your loved ones.
- Have fun with your decor. Boho style is all about expressing your personality, so don’t be afraid to have fun with your decor. Mix and match different styles and patterns, and don’t be afraid