10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas for Cozy Homes
INTRO: A small living room can be a challenge to decorate, but it doesn’t have to be. With a few simple changes, you can create a cozy and inviting space that’s perfect for relaxing and entertaining.
- Choose a light color palette. Light colors will help to make your living room feel bigger and brighter. Stick to neutrals like white, beige, and gray, or add pops of color with pillows, throws, and artwork.
- Use mirrors to reflect light. Mirrors are a great way to add visual interest and make your living room feel more spacious. Hang a large mirror on the wall opposite a window, or place a few smaller mirrors around the room.
- Keep the furniture minimal. A small living room doesn’t need a lot of furniture. Choose pieces that are light and airy, and arrange them in a way that creates a flow.
- Add comfortable seating. A comfortable sofa or armchair is essential for a cozy living room. Choose a piece that’s big enough for you to relax in, and make sure it’s in a spot where you can enjoy the view out the window.
- Layer rugs and textiles. Rugs and textiles can add warmth and coziness to a small living room. Layer a plush rug over a hard floor, and add throw pillows and blankets to your sofa and armchairs.
- Use plants to add life. Plants are a great way to add a touch of nature to your living room. Choose plants that are low-maintenance and won’t outgrow your space.
Make Your Small Living Room Feel Bigger and Cozier
25 Small Apartment Living Room Ideas for a Cozy Home Makeover Personalize your rental with these budgetfriendly design tips By Alyssa Gautieri Published Oct 20 2023 Save Article1 Add an accent An accent wall is nice but if youre looking for small apartment living room ideas try defining a small accent area like the one shown in this Dutch living room The pleasant green arch creates visual interest in this small space Credit Lauren Kolyn 2 Utilize underbench storageLiving Rooms Small living room ideas 38 clever ways to plan and decorate a compact space Use our top small living room ideas to make the tiniest of spaces feel perfectly proportioned Image credit Studio Ashby By Jennifer Ebert last updated October 19 2022 Small living room ideas may be short on volume but they can be big on
style1 Try decorating in dark colors Image credit Kasia Fiszer Many people shy away from using dark living room color ideas but they can be a great way to create a cozy atmosphere 39Using deep dark shades in living spaces creates a dramatic intimate and cocooning feel39 explains Ruth Mottershead creative director at Little Greene45 Small Living Room Ideas for Maximum Space and Style By Kaitlyn McInnis Updated on 092122 The Spruce Christopher Lee Foto There39s no reason that a small living room can39t be as functional and stylish as a big oneRooms Living and Dining Rooms Designers Share 40 Ways to Make Your Living Room Cozy Whether you39re working with a small space or just want to give your great room a more intimate vibe a few of our favorite designers share inspiration and practical
design tips for creating a cozy living roomLiving Rooms How can I make my small living room cozy 15 expert design tricks to exploit There are so many ways to make a small living room cozier from finding space for a reading nook to a place to gather for movies or drinks Sign up to our newsletter Image credit Henry Prideaux Jacqui Seerman Samantha Todhunter Jonathan BondInstall the pattern running perpendicular to the longest wall for maximum impact Gidoomal also recommends lightcolored tiles or carpets which lift the space and heighten the illusion of size Originally Published August 11 2023 If you have a small living room check out these expertapproved decorating ideas that will make your space feel
- Use built-in storage. Built-in storage is a great way to keep your living room organized and free up space. If you have the option, consider adding built-in shelves, cabinets, or drawers.
- Use vertical space. Don’t forget about the vertical space in your living room! Hang shelves on the walls, or use a tall bookcase to create a focal point.
- Add a dimmer switch. A dimmer switch is a great way to create a more intimate atmosphere in your living room. Dim the lights at night to create a cozy and relaxing space.
- Use candles. Candles are a great way to add a touch of warmth and ambiance to your living room. Light a few candles on a coffee table or mantel to create a cozy and inviting space.
- Install a fireplace. If you have the space, a fireplace is a great way to add warmth and coziness to your living room. Fireplaces are also a great way to entertain guests.
- Open up the space. If your living room is open to other areas of your home, consider removing the walls or doors to create a more spacious feel. This will also make your living room feel more connected to the rest of your home.
A small living room can be a great space to relax and entertain, even if it’s on the smaller side. With a few simple changes, you can create a cozy and inviting space that’s perfect for your needs.