Stylish Living Room Decor: Design Tips and Inspiration
Your living room is the heart of your home, so it’s important to make it a space that you love to spend time in. Whether you’re looking for a stylish new look or just a few ways to add personality to your existing space, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ll share our top tips for stylish living room decor, as well as 10 DIY projects that you can easily tackle yourself. So read on, get inspired, and start making your living room the envy of the neighborhood!
1 Bold Silhouettes Modern design neednt be confined to right angles alone In a sitting area of this California retreat designed by Noz Nozawa the asymmetry of the room is enhanced by a Casey McCafferty cocktail table that looks like it could come alive at any moment75 Living Room Ideas You39ll Love November 2023 Houzz ON SALE UP TO 75 OFF Bathroom Vanities Chandeliers Bar Stools Pendant Lights Rugs Living Room Chairs Dining Room Furniture Wall Lighting Coffee Tables Side amp End Tables Home Office Furniture Sofas Bedroom Furniture Lamps Mirrors BED amp BATH SALE UP TO 55 OFF The Ultimate Vanity SaleDecorate With Pink Accent Chairs Laura Hull Add a feminine touch to your living room with a subtle pop of pink possibly in the form of two swivel armchairs For this modern space Burnham Warm
Wood Rustic and modern unite in this airy living room designed by Cortney Bishop The white painted ceiling keeps the eye on the natural wood beams which add charm to the space Courtesy of How do you design a living room You should start with the space itself and map out where all your big furniture could go so your sofa any armchairs and freestanding bookshelves for exampleWhether you want bright colors or clean neutrals traditional furnishings or modern pieces a family space or a sleek place to entertain these 100 living rooms are sure to inspire More Ideas Designers Share 40 Ways to Make Your Living Room Cozy 40 Photos75 Modern Living Room Ideas You39ll Love November 2023 Houzz ON SALE UP TO 75 OFF Bathroom Vanities Chandeliers Bar Stools Pendant Lights Rugs Living Room Chairs Dining
Room Furniture Wall Lighting Coffee Tables Side amp End Tables Home Office Furniture Sofas Bedroom Furniture Lamps Mirrors BED amp BATH SALE UP TO 55 OFFIn this living room from interior designer Jessica Davis of Atelier Davis a modern take on classic midcentury modern wood slat walls adds warmth and creates a focal point for decor and objects Modern furniture in shades of orange and turquoise is another nod to midcentury design that feels as fresh as it did in the 20th century
5 Ways to Add Personality to Your Living Room
- Choose a focal point. The focal point of your living room is the element that will draw the eye and create a sense of balance in the space. This could be a fireplace, a large piece of art, or a comfortable seating area.
- Add layers. Layering different textures, colors, and patterns will create a more visually interesting space. Try mixing in some plush pillows, a textured rug, and a statement piece of furniture.
- Personalize your space. Show off your personality by adding personal touches to your living room. This could include photos of your family and friends, your favorite books, or a collection of souvenirs from your travels.
- Create a cozy atmosphere. Make your living room a place where you can relax and unwind by adding cozy elements like a soft throw blanket, a cozy armchair, and dimmable lighting.
- Keep it clean and clutter-free. A cluttered living room can make the space feel cramped and uninviting. Take some time to declutter your space and remove any unnecessary items.
10 DIY Living Room Decor Projects
- Make a DIY gallery wall. A gallery wall is a great way to display your favorite photos, art, and mementos. You can easily create your own gallery wall using a few simple supplies.
- Reupholster a piece of furniture. If you have a piece of furniture that’s looking a bit tired, give it a new lease on life by reupholstering it. You can find fabric and tutorials online or at your local fabric store.
- Build a DIY coffee table. A coffee table is a great way to add storage and function to your living room. You can easily build your own coffee table using a few simple materials.
- Make a DIY rug. A rug can add warmth and personality to your living room. You can easily make your own rug using a few simple supplies.
- Hang a DIY macrame plant hanger. A macrame plant hanger is a beautiful and easy way to add greenery to your living room. You can find macrame kits online or at your local craft store.
- Make a DIY candle holder. A candle holder is a great way to add a touch of warmth and ambiance to your living room. You can easily make your own candle holder using a few simple materials.
- Create a DIY terrarium. A terrarium is a beautiful and low-maintenance way to add greenery to your living room. You can find terrarium kits online or at your local garden center.
- Paint a DIY mural. A mural is a great way to add personality and interest to your living room. You can easily paint your own mural using a few simple supplies.
- Build a DIY bookcase. A bookcase is a great way to add storage and display your favorite books. You can easily build your own bookcase using a few simple materials.
- Make a DIY planter box. A planter box is a great way to add greenery and color to your living room. You can easily make your own planter box using a few simple materials.
We hope you enjoyed these tips and inspiration for stylish living room decor! By following these tips, you can create a living room that’s both stylish and reflects your personality.